On Monday 03 Feb 2003 3:22 pm, mycal62 wrote:
> hi ,
>
> did you try looking in : file:/usr/local/netscape/defaults/profile
>
> Only thing I could find.

No, I have to admit I didn't.  I expected the profiles to be in home
directories or root for the installation.  You could be right, this may be
what I was looking for.

> what is the exact problem you are having?  I've just gone through a bit
> of a pain to get my  netscape 7 working properly after a new install.
> I had to create a new profile , delete the default profile and rename
> the new one to default to make it work. it was doing a lot of weird
> stuff, but now all works perfect,
> and I have all the old bookmarks, and messages and such.

What I was really trying to do was to separate the Netscape profile from the
Mozilla one.  There is a comment somewhere on the Netscape pages that they
should not be allowed to share a profile, but I can't remember how I got to
the download page (some link) but I certainly did not see that before I
installed.  Anyway, I had hoped that by separating them I could control them.

The main problem is with plugins, though there are print issues too.  I seem
to be incapable of getting Moz, Galeon and N7 all working correctly.  At any
time I have one that works for the most part, and the other two broken.  Any
improvement in one of the others seems to break the first one.

I think I'll risk getting rid of N7 first, then if necessary I'll reinstall
Moz and Galeon and start the whole round of plugins over again.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302