I have a Toshiba laptop- Satellite 1750 .It uses a built in Crystal
 audio cs4281 which worked well under 8.2,now when i boot up it stalls for
 2-5 minutes. the only error message I can find is:

/var/log/kernel/warnings:Feb 11 00:19:49 mobile kernel: cs4281:
Unable to locate any cs4281 device with valid IDs 0x1013-0x6005

at some later point the sound initializes properly and works.Can someone
give me any hints on where to look to eliminate the delay. I have had
this problem with the 2.4.19-16 ,and -24 kernels,both stock and locally
compiled from Mandrake sources.
Ray Warren