I finally went ahead and upgraded from MDK 8.2 to MDK 9.0 on my laptop (IBM
Stinkpad 1412, Celeron).  It installed just fine and everything is working OK
except for wireless.

I have 2 devices to play with: an Orinoco Gold and a Zoomair.  Under 8.2 I had
the Zoomair (prism2) working just fine.  Under 9.0 I find it impossible to
build the hostap driver and the wlan-ng driver just doesn't work at all - it
doesn't appear to understand any wireless extension commands so I cannot set
anything on the card.

Under 9.0, the Orinoco gold card is accepted OK and the wvlan_cs module loads.
I am able to set channel, mode, etc, with iwconfig.  Problem is, even though
I set the parameters to Ad-hoc, channel 6, and the proper essid and "iwconfig
eth0" shows all the settings as what they should be, I get no communication
with my desktop which has and has had for a long time a fully working WUSB11
set to Ad-hoc, channel 6, and the proper essid.  They match in all necessary
settings yet I am unable to ping or communicate between systems at all.

Any ideas?  Any suggestions?  I have tried rebuilding wlan-ng drivers,
altering the wireless.opts file, network.opts file, manually changing
settings, all to no avail.  I even reset my desktop wusb11.  Nothing.
Ad-hoc, same channel, same essid and no communication.

praedor