From: Rob Blomquist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 22:55:30 -0800
Subject: Re: [expert] [OT] Latest on [MDK/Linux in general] support for DVD writers?!?

On Saturday 15 February 2003 08:50 pm, stefmit wrote:
> Could anybody be kind enough as to provide some info/pointers to
> what could be better suppported in Mandrake or Linux in general out
> of the followings:

I understand that Linux users should stay away from DVD-RW right now,
as there is no standard on how they work. Apparently all are using
proprietary drivers to run them, and while it might be possible to
get one to work, it will only be specific for that brand.

After a standard comes out, there should be a good number of programs
out there to support them.

Rob
--
Rob Blomquist
Kirkland, WA

On the side of the software box, in the 'System Requirements' section,
it said 'Requires Windows 95 or better'. So I installed Linux and
lived
happily ever after.