On Monday 17 February 2003 03:31 pm, James Sparenberg wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-02-17 at 11:08, Praedor Atrebates wrote:
> > I have never had any use for the yenta_socket driver that most distros
> > seem to default to.  It screws up my ability to use wireless cards.  I
> > have found that if I use i82365 instead of yenta, my wireless pcmcia
> > cards just work.
[...]
> Yours will vary but it should be close enough to make sense.  This is
> the chip that controls your pci to pcmcia bridge.
>
> Now cd /usr/share/ldetect-lst and copy pcitable to pcitable.bkp (just in
> case)
>
> vi (or whatever editor you like) pcitable and find your card in the list
> (in my case I search for PCI1450) Once you find this line/lines, you
> will see "yenta_socket"  you need to change this to i82365. (Be careful
> here as it uses tabs not spaces between columns.)  Save this file and

Thanks!  But...I edited all the appropriate (potential) entries for my
pci-pcmcia bridge (O2 Micro) so they read i82365 instead of yenta but when I
restart pcmcia, it STILL says it will use yenta instead of i82365.  I ended
up replacing every single "yenta_socket" entry with "i82365" in pcitable but
when I restart pcmcia I still get yenta!  I ran harddrake and checked it
after editing and it indicates i82365 now in place of yenta_socket... Do I
have to reboot?  Is there something else I need to do?  My
/etc/sysconfig/pcmcia file is set to i82365 as well.  Mandrake 9.0 wont give
in to my superior judgement here!

praedor