I have been struggling to get a usb wireless device (under NO circumstances
should anyone buy linksys devices, particularly linksys usb wireless devices
- they are useless in linux).  As part of the attempt to get it to work
consistently and properly, I have altered bios settings: I either set PNP
capable OS to yes or no.  If set to yes, no problem, I get a nice clean
bootup.  If I set it to no, then I still get a bootup but there is a delay
where the system goes berzerk producing hundreds of repetitive, streaming
messages about mounting /dev/usb: readonly filesystem.  This doesn't happen
when bios is set to PNP OS: yes.

What is the deal with this?

praedor