synrat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Wed, 19 Feb 2003, Luca Olivetti wrote:
>
> > synrat wrote:
> > > Are there any new rbls that one can use with postfix ?
> > > I currently use
> > > relays.ordb.org, bl.spamcop.net, spamhouse.relays.osirusoft.com
> > >
> > > is there anything else available ?
> >
> > Take a look at
> > <http://theory.whirlycott.com/~phil/antispam/rbl-bad/rbl-bad.html>
> that's nonsense. i'd shoot myself or the spammers 10 times over if there
> were no rbls. the margin for error is almost non-existant as a lot
> of spam is processed manually and verified before being submitted.
> it's not difficult to get yourself of rbl list if you were added by
> mistake. I've been through that process and I'm still thankful that the
> lists exist.  I hope they can server as evidence in court in the near
> future. I gave nobody permission to send me 1000 porn, money making and
> real estate deals a day. I pay for my bandwidth from my own pocket and
> those bastards are biting a big chunk out of it.

[please don't top post]

as to your question what rbl's are available: use The Force (reg. tm)!
sample included for free when you follow this link:
http://www.google.com/search?q=rbl%20blacklist%20list

as to whether or not rbl are good: that depends on the rbl. some list only
spammers/open relay and the like, some list entire providers or
progressively lists bigger parts of a provider ip space as time goes
by without the isp taking action, other list you for no reason at all, or
are inmpossible to get out of.

just choose carefully, read their listing policies, check what steps you
would have to take to get off the list, and watch your logs!