I'm running LM 9.0 and can't get my CDR to work.  This same set up works under
Win98, but I need to be running Linux to do backups, etc.

I have an IDE DVD-ROM and IDE CDR/W on the same IDE controller; the DVD is
accessible via /mnt/cdrom, the CDR seems to be associated with /dev/scd0
(although I'm not sure how devices work with this devfs stuff).
/etc/lilo.conf has append="hdc=ide-scsi devfs=mount quiet" for the default
boot settings.

When I run cdrecord -scanbus I get "cdrecord: Read-only file system. Cannot
open '/dev/sg0'. Cannot open SCSI driver."

ide-scsi, scsi_mod, sg are all loaded into the kernel.

How can I tell which is the correct device, and what parameters do I use to
get cdrecord to see it?

Thanks,
Dan