We have similar machines. ;)
I'm still running my "old" PII-400 as well. It's been a solid performer. For what I do, it still does the job just fine.

Anyway.
I should probably re-install, and give it "one more for the Gipper"...
It "did" run the first time. I don't know why it wouln'd re-boot after that. It just hangs on "Setting up Logical Volume Management". Maybe no one else is running LVM, and the problem has just gone unnoticed?
I have some time today. Maybe I'll give it one more go around, and if it still doesn't work, I'll report it to bugzilla. As was said, If they don't know, they won't fix it. ;)

Ric