On Tuesday 25 February 2003 05:43 pm, Emerson de Mello wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have a little and simple question.
>
> I'd like to know if the Kylix 3 works with MDK 9.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Emerson
> BRAZIL

> Busca Yahoo!
> O serviço de busca mais completo da Internet. O que você pensar o Yahoo!
> encontra. http://br.busca.yahoo.com/

Kylix is not kept up to date and you may need libraries that are not in
Mandrake 9 to make it work.  This was true in Mandrake 8.2 where you needed
an older library than Mandrake was supplying to make Kylix work.

There is a Linux Standard Base and Mandrake does comply with it, and its
purpose is to help commercial software run on linux.  But with vendors whoi
either ignore the standard or simply do not update their products very often,
it may take extra effort to make them run (Oracle is another--you have to
load some libraries that belong in a glass case to make it run).
Fortunately, with the LM library naming conventions, you can load these olde
libraries without breaking anything unless it depends on glibc.

Civileme