On Fri, 2003-02-28 at 09:23, James Sparenberg wrote:

> I would take it your an emacs user? *grin*... ok... then for the less
> command line oriented open it up kate or nedit then.

This suggestion only works when the user has not already screwed up the
host name :-)  I helped someone a few days ago who had http://www.... as
their host name -- KDE wouldn't start, and gnome had it's problems too.

Then with emacs it is sometimes necessary to explain that ctrl-x ctrl-s
means you have to hold down the control key and hit x, and repeat for
s......  anyway, in the end we solved the problem.

BTW this user was also affected by her old CDROM being unable to read
the 700MB CDs properly!

Damon
--
Damon Lynch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>