Todd Lyons wrote on Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 03:22:42PM -0800 :

> An even stranger twist, this same external drive box works just fine
> when connected to a different machine with the same Adaptec I2O
> controller but only 3 drives as the RAID array 0.  The system boots up
> just fine in that configuration.

As an adder, I want to point out that the first machine (the one that
doesn't work) is a mobo with dual Xeon CPU's in a 4U.  The machine that
it works on is an Dual P4 mobo in a 1U.

Blue skies...                   Todd
--
Never take no as an answer from someone who's not authorized to say yes.
                                                --Ben Reser on Cooker ML