Nikos,

Even better, you can use some live CD distros like Knoppix or Linux
BBC.  BBC is far smaller than knoppix and fits on business card CD's.
Knoppix is a full X-enabled linux that allows you to mount local
partitions on the disk drives.  These allow you to boot linux up on any
PC with a CDROM drive.  I use these guys for such emergencies.

++alan

--
Alan Carbutt
Systems Administrator/Programmer