>    Bottom line is tho, the "Welcome to the [Mandrake} mailing list"
> email that automatically is sent to each new subscriber specifically

And then the mailing list admins add a bunch of MIME gibberish at the
end of *every* message. It's not HTML, but it's about as bad. And as
far as I know Mandrake is the only people who do it. What's wrong with
adding just plain text footers to the end of the message, like many
other mailing lists do?

Encouraging people to post in plain text is a good thing, so why do we
need to be reminded by MIME encapsulations telling us the message is
in plain text? In elm, every message from Mandrake expert/newbie is
flagged as MIME. It used to drive elm bonkers, but more recently that
is not an issue.

> ------------=_1046448746-10490-2486

That's four lines on every message that serve no purpose. Just add the
footer lines with a '--' separator.