On Sun, 2 Mar 2003, . wrote:
> 209.8.161.0/24 will get 209.8.161.0 - 209.8.161.255. /16 will get
> 209.8.0.0 - 209.8.255.255

That is what I put in, yet this spammer still got through to Sendmail.

> Is iptables running on your firewall, with the mail server behind it, or
> on your mail server?  If the former, you might need to add this on the
> FORWARD chain, not INPUT.

I have iptables on the mail server, so I should be using the forward
command instead of input to block them?  I am trying to block them at that
particular machine.

> Keep in mind that you're blocking all services with that statement.  add
> -p tcp --dport 25 to just block smtp.

Yes, I guess I should just block them at smtp and not everything.

-Scott