On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 11:28, Miark wrote:
> I've had this problem from 8.2 to 9.1.
>
> You're right that acpi _was_ was off by default when I put RC2 on the box
> yesterday. But that didn't make a difference--I still had to add apm=off.
>
> Miark

Correct.. My reference was to the statement before mine that someone was
saying the acpi should turn off apm... and why apm became active.  There
is a switch in the kernel config.... can't remember it now but it does
state that you should (Wait found it Use Real Mode APM Power Off) This
is for some buggy BIOS's that can't do a power off correctly.
Rebuilding a kernel with this might give you both APM and the ability to
power off right.

James