On Wednesday March 5 2003 04:49 pm, Todd Lyons wrote:

> Andreas Weiss wrote on Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 11:07:12PM +0100 :
> > I can install Suse Linux, but only with the kernel parameters:
> > ide=nodma apm=off acpi=off
> > With ML these parameters didn't help. noapic didn't help either.
>
> Try ide0=nodma and maybe noacpi as well.  I've also seen
> pci=noacpi, but I've never seen a case where it actually affected
> anything (ie I don't know if it's relevant in Mandrake kernels).
>
> Blue skies...                 Todd

    acpi=off  is all that works on my Mandrake (cooker) system

http://sdb.suse.de/en/sdb/html/81_acpi.html

acpi=off -- This parameter disables the whole ACPI system. This may
prove very useful, for example, if your computer does not support
ACPI or if you think the ACPI implementation might cause some
problems.

acpi=oldboot -- Deactivates the ACPI system almost completely: only
the components required for the boot process will be used.

pci=acpi -- This parameter activates the PCI IRQ routing of the new
ACPI system. The old IRQ routing is the one normally used for
compatibility reasons.

acpi=force -- This parameter activates ACPI even when the computer's
BIOS is prior to 2000. This parameter overwrites acpi=off.

pci=noacpi -- This parameter disables the PCI IRQ routing of the new
ACPI system.