I do now know about pop being able to delete html, but procmail will.
If the server is UNIX/Linux then you can setup procmail to filter your
mail by setting up a .procmailrc file in your home directory.  If you
are trying to filter all mail then you can setup a /etc/procmailrc file
and it will.  Since you are using sendmail, you need to make the entries
in the sendmail.cf/mc file to allow sendmail to use procmail.
For setting up procmail rc files, you will need to read the procmail
man pages, there are several that give some really good examples.

Mike