On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 21:50, PlugHead wrote:
> (Doh!  Re-post to the correct address.)
>
> In my (somewhat limited) experience with wine, it is possible to fix some of
> these problems by copying the appropriate windows DLL to wine/Windows/System
> directory.  (This may violate your EULA, if you care about such things.)
>
> -Jason
>
> On Wednesday 12 March 2003 11:29 pm, Preston-Campbell wrote:
> > From what I have attempted to run, it depends upon the DLL's called in the
> > VB app.  I have gotten a few simple VB programs to run under Wine but many
> > fail at the install or when initializing.  Try it out and see.
> >
> > Brian

> > > Yup.  Just convert it to Java...  :)
> > >
> > > Seriously, try wine/winex (or codeweavers wine), VMWare or some other
> > > option that I can't think of at the moment.  Be warned that none of them
> > > are perfect, so it may take some tweaking/experimenting...
> > >
> > > -Jason

Haven't used it but there is a program called Xbasic that might give you
the ability to run it.  Or worst case, minor recode.  However for max
performance... Eventually consider moving it to a more "portable"
language, but for now... I hope this helps.

OOps... just a though here... if it runs in DOS (not necessarily
windowsXXX) it MIGHT run in DOSemu or one of the other emulators for
DOS.

James