--
Linux counter number 167806

As I understood a lot of the discussion it boiled down to you should not have
to edit etc/hosts to include an alias for either the server name or the
loopback name
so
what works for me on rc1
127.0.0.1               localhost.localdomain localhost
192.168.0.1             dads.tharp dads
192.168.0.16    greybox.tharp
is not really "correct" but as far as I can tell it works ok
I think they said
 127.0.0.1               localhost
would be the "correct" entry, but it sure made stuff slow
try it and let us/me know....