On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 07:51:00PM -0800, Rolf Pedersen wrote:
> Rob Blomquist wrote:
> >The subject says it all.
> >
> >I am having constant problems with this, and the Mandrake page does
> >not give any idea why this is occuring. I have now tried twice to run
> >urpmi.update cdrom8 without any satisfaction.
> >
> >any ideas about what I can really do to fix this?
> >

> One popular fixer (unknown whether it addresses your particular situation):
>
> 1)  Make sure no rpm/urpmi-related process is running.
> 2)  rm -f /var/lib/rpm/__db.00*
> 3)  rpm --rebuilddb

Another possibility, which is what mine turned out to be, is described
in the Mandrake 9.0 errata. See
http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/errata.php3#urpmi described thusly:

  Error scenario: When using urpmi or rpmdrake, there is an error about
  package not found before accessing the CD-ROM. Another possible error
  message is "Everything already installed."

  Why: The installer misconfigured the medium description of
  Contribution packages.

  Solution: Insert the Installation CD (CD-ROM #1) and issue the command
  "urpmi.update cdrom8" as root.

andy

--
Andy Davidson   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything.