On Mon, 2003-03-17 at 05:45, W. Kasberg wrote:
> When (re)starting cups it changes the servername witk the message:
> --
> WARNING: Inserted "ServerName 172.16.150.1" in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf
>          (to make broadcasting of printer queue info working correctly)
> ---
> the 172.16.150.1 ist the NAT for my VMware3.2. I think the servername should
> be 10.0.0.10.
> The problem is:
> If I am connected to Internet via DSL I cannot print (kprinter does not
> find/show any printer).
> After shutting down DSL I can print normally.
> My /etc/hosts shows:
> 10.0.0.10               localhost.localdomain localhost
> 127.0.0.1               localhost.localdomain localhost
>
> What could be the reason?

Well, you definitely shouldn't have the 10.0.0.10 line as above - the
127.0.0.1 line is correct, and should be the only localhost line, AFAIK.
I would suggest something on the order of:

127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain localhost
10.0.0.10       nickname.you.made.up nickname

And then set the box's hostname in /etc/sysconfig/networking thusly:

HOSTNAME="nickname.you.made.up"
DOMAINNAME="you.made.up"

If need be, you could also add a line:

DHCP_HOSTNAME="whatever.your.isp.calls.your.system"

if your dhcp-client/dhcpcd requests (to your ISP) bomb without it ... if
you don't use dhcp for connecting to DSL, this bit doesn't apply to you.

Then execute at a root prompt:

service network restart
service cups restart

This will probably sort out cups; let us know if it does. You can also
set the hostname explicitly in the /etc/cups/cupsd.conf file, as the
error indicates, but you should fix /etc/hosts anyway, as cups is not
all that may choke (to one extent or another) on the current setup.

--
Bill Mullen   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   MA, USA   RLU #270075   MDK 8.1 & 9.0
"Giving money and power to the government is like giving whiskey and