On Fri, 2003-03-21 at 15:28, J. Grant wrote:
> Hi Jack,
>
> > rpmfind.net has difficulty indexing Mandrake's RPMs -- try searching for
> > "kernel-2.4" instead of "kernel".
>
> Thanks for tip. However, 2.4.19 is the newest i can find on rpmfind still.

yeah, now that I think about it I had to drill down through the cooker
tree to get it:
http://speakeasy.rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/cooker/cooker/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/KByName.html

Grab these and rpm -Uvh, then check /etc/lilo and run /sbin/lilo, then
you're good to go.
kernel-doc-2.4.21-0.13mdk
kernel-source-2.4.21-0.13mdk
kernel-2.4.21.0.13mdk-1-1mdk

This kernel brings swsusp to Beta 17 or so IIRC -- so my VAIO finally
can suspend and resume. Of course it kills X and takes more time than
actually shutting down and rebooting, but I'm definitely sensing
progress :-) The swsusp list is very active on Beta 19, and I'm keeping
my fingers crossed that Juan's going to release one more kernel with a
newer swsusp before 9.1.
--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...