Luca Olivetti wrote:
Arnold Troeger wrote:

Thank you for the pointer to pbone. Retrieved the two library rpms and was able to update samba.

FYI the required libraries are in the 8.2 cd (CD2 the libraries and CD3 the -devel), so if you have your urpmi sources set up correctly urpmi --auto-select should have worked first time (it did for me).
In fact this samba update for 8.2 also fixes the problem with the previous one (the nt hash in smbpasswd was broken so it was impossible to logon from nt/2000/xp). I'm seeing a lot of oplock failures with this release but then this might be because I upgraded while the users had a bazillion files opened on the server.

Bye

I just looked back in /var/lib/urpmi and I notice tht discs 1 and 2 are not listed. I'll have to go back and add them.

Best regards,
Arnold

--
Arnold Troeger                          Unocal Thailand
Phone:  011-66-2-545-5456               5th Floor, Tower 3, SCB Park Plaza