> > > EXACTLY the same thing I discovered about 5 months ago. I told Mandrake
> > > in here for sure, and I think I did a bugzilla report. Apparently never
> > > fixed.
> >
> > Uh, it worked with Mandrake 9.0 without any problem for me...
>
> I guess it depends on your idea of "worked". Sure it worked for me too.
> However, if you open up diskdrake, you could simply mount the drive with NO
> password challenge at all! ?? I don't consider this a very secure setup. ?? A
> bash prompt mount command DID require a password.

Now I get your point. Yes, that means, the >=20 char passphrase only is
as secure, as the root password. That renders it quite useless. :-(

My point of working was 'working at all'. I could use encrypted fs with
ML 9.0, I _can't_ with 9.1 for some strange reason.

        karsten

--
Davision - Atelier fuer Gestaltung / Internet / Multimedia
 UNIX / Linux Netzwerke und Schulungen - www.linux-campus.de