I've tried asking this on the newbie list with no response, so here goes!

Well, I've fiddled with Linux before and my other machine is running OS X
(which is a relative picnic), but this one problem has me climbing up the
wall!

I have a Power Mac 6500 ("OldWorld") with 128 MB RAM, USB Card, Comm. Slot
10/100 Ethernet and in addition to the built-in video card, a 3dfx Voodoo4
with 32 MB RAM.  It's running BootX 1.2.2 with a slew of different kernels
that I've tried, all with the same results...

My Mandrake 8.2 installation (9.1rc1 wouldn't install) decided to use the
Voodoo4 for installation, but when it installed and restarted all the Linux
goodness was only on my puny ATi 2MB RAM built-in card, and X will not
start.

I have tried using the autoconfig ability of XFree86, but it provides the
same results.

I relaxed and immediately looked at config and log files, the indicate that
the Ati card and 3dfx card are both configured to be used with xinerama...

The log files indicate errors from the TDFX driver as follows:

(WW) ****INVALID IO ALLOCATION**** b:0x100000 e: 0x100ff correcting
(WW) ****INVALID IO ALLOCATION**** b:0x400 e:0x4ff correcting
(EE) TDFX(0): No valid PIO address in PCI config space
(EE) Mouse0: cannot determine the mouse protocol

As you may be able to imagine...all I get is a dark blue screen with the
XFree86 Black X cursor in the middle on the ATi screen, and the mouse won't
move.

The mouse isn't really a problem, I can fix that, but this PIO address
problem seems pretty well documented, and no mailing archive seems to have a
solution.  I refuse to believe that there is no solution to this problem,
and I have always loved my previous experiences with Mandrake, so any
suggestions/solutions you guys suggest would be great appreciated.

Thank you,
Varun Mehta