Ron Stodden wrote:

Anne Wilson wrote:

On Sunday 30 Mar 2003 6:36 am, Ron Stodden wrote:

Anne Wilson wrote:

This makes me nervous - your ide config sounds very similar to mine

The problem may not exist with an install from CDs. I have the 9.1
tree but not the ISOs. I plan now to run 9.1 mkcd from the tree to
produce 9.1 ISO files, burn them to CD-RW and try to install from CD and
announce the result here. Note that my downloaded 9.1 tree (see
sig below) is non-standard by not including any non-English locales or
RPMs. This does not give the 9.1 hd.img installer any problem.

Thanks for that Ron

CDs made OK, but CD installer baulks at the disk/scsi dialog and loop between dialogs with no exit. Message -'no device on which to create filesystems'.

Seems to me it does not recognise any IDE disk channels.

9.0 recognises them all.

Show stopper for me.

I can now report exactly the same problem with an hd.img install attempt from a virgin 9.1 tree (ie nothing excluded).

Alt F1 and Alt F3 at the "No DISK drives" message confirm that only IDE0 and IDE1 were detected. This may be a devfs problem?

Time for Mandrake to acknowledge and produce a fix for this 9.1 show stopper.

--
Ron. [Melbourne, Australia]
 20030119 Get Fastest Mandrake downloader, English-only,