I've installed MDK 9.1 on two machines...one worked perfectly, the other has
CD-ROM troubles.

It is a dual 500 Mhz (kinda old) with a SCSI interface card (for scanner,
and ZIP drive). One of the CD drives is a writer and is under SCSI
emulation. The other is a standard DVD rom drive on the ide.

The CD-RW drive (although used to install MDK just fine) will not mount any
CDs...something about an input/output error. When I disable supermount and
try to manually mount it, give the error message about "wrong fs type, bad
superblock, too many mounts etc..."

The DVD drive seems to work ok on the command line, nautilus takes for ever
to do anything, and "pings" the drive even when there are no discs inside.

I have seen grumblings about these problems in the past, but haven't found
the solution yet.

Anyone know the answer to make my day?

Thanks,
Jae