On Tue, 2003-04-01 at 14:41, Damon Lynch wrote:
> My physiotherapist is suggesting a mouse for the left and the right
> hand, with one for half the day, and one for the other half.  Can I have
> both plugged in at the same time?  (I don't need to actually move them
> around simultaneously :-)  I'd prefer not to have to crawl under the
> desk twice a day, and my current mouse is strictly right handed only.
> My right handed mouse is a USB model.

You can do this, I have both my trackpad (PS/2) built in mouse and USB
wheel mouse working on my laptop at the same time.

I'm not sure if 2 USB mice would work at the same time?  But is you got
a left handed PS/2 mouse I can't see any problem.

You have to add some lines to your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Mouse1"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
    Option "Device" "/dev/usbmouse"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Mouse2"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
    Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
    Option "Emulate3Buttons"
    Option "Emulate3Timeout" "50"
EndSection

...and at the end:

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier "layout1"
    InputDevice "Keyboard1" "CoreKeyboard"
    InputDevice "Mouse1" "CorePointer"
    InputDevice "Mouse2" "SendCoreEvents"
    Screen "screen1"
EndSection

--
...Rob

-- "Where the dear and the envelope play." -- Kelsey, age 3

Robert Goshko                  Axis Computer Consulting Services, Inc
President                              Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada
http://www.axis-dev.ca/       Supporting the Revolution In Your World
Registered Linux User #260513     GNU/Linux i686 2.4.21-0.13mdk-725ca

 15:09:00 up  6:38,  4 users,  load average: 1.27, 1.23, 1.00