-------Original Message-------
From: Francisco Alcaraz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 04/04/03 11:58 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [expert] Advertisment about a digital pictures organizer

> I am very glad with the digital camera I bought on Chrystmas (Fuji Finepix
S02
Zoom), I have taken lots of pictures of landscapes, minerals, plant
communities and plants (the macro function is runing like a charm).

With Mandrake 9.1 a harddrive icon appears on my kde desktop as soon as I
connect the camera to the usb port (the first time a line is added to
fstab).

But I am starting to have too many pictures and I need to organize them.
In
the windows environment is known the ACD-See package to do that, including

look for metadata of the pictures and the possibility to look for one
specific picture using keys.

I don't use Windows (just in a computer I have a dual bot system with
windows98 and Mandrake because my son likes to play some games) but I
don't
know if there are for linux a similar package to ACD-See. Does anyone know

something similar to ACD-See? or could anyone tell me how have organized
the
pictures?

Thanks so much for the help in advance; regards

--
Francisco Alcaraz Ariza
Murcia, EspaƱa (Spain)

Iusually copy my pictures to a folder on my hard drive and manually place them in
sub-folders based on content.  I turn on the thumbnail previewing in konqueror so that
when I open up that folder, I can see what's there.  Not a full blown organizer, but
it works quite well.

Joeb