Ah, you don't need to use a gui. Find out what device your burner is with
"cdrecord -scanbus" and then use the following command:

  cdrecord -dao -v dev=DEV speed=8 driveropts=burnfree file.iso

where DEV is the bus location of your burner that you determined with
scanbus, such as 0,1,0 or whatever. If your drive doesn't have
bufeer-underrun protection, leave out the driveropts portion. Also, feel
free to change the speed.

Miark