Well, in this case it's pretty straightforward (and I still consider myself a newbie!!):

urpmi.addmedia(8) Mandrake Linux urpmi.addmedia(8)

NAME
       urpmi.addmedia - adds a new rpms media for use with urpmi

SYNOPSIS
       urpmi.addmedia [options] <name> <url>

DESCRIPTION
urpmi.addmedia tells urpmi that he can find new rpms at the specified
location. Currently supported medias are: local drives, removable
drives (such as cd's), networked like http, ftp, ssh and rsync.

One of the following modes must be choosen:

http:

[with <relative path of synthesis|hdlist>]
Where <name> is your reference for the media (e.g. MandrakeUp-
date). <name> is optional if --distrib is given in options.
<host>/<path> is the location of the rpm directory on the net.
<relative path of hdlist> is the pathname where to find the
hdlist of the rpms. The location is given relative to <path>.

and on from there with descriptions and samples....

Cheers

Jason