On Tuesday May 27 2003 03:07 am, Juan Luis Baptiste wrote:
> >      Well, runnin cooker all the time, lately it's gotten to be
> > a problem for me too. Usually due to a bad .kdmrc after
> > updates. Not corrupt, just stuff missing. Since I seem to have
> > lost my only good backup copy of .kdmrc due to a user error (me
> > ;), I just switched to usin GDM instead. No more more problems,
> > tho I don't like GDM as well, at least it works ;)  OTOH,
> > booting to my user desktop was never affected.

> Well, the problem was that the new rpms deleted the kdmrc file,
> and didn't install a new one. But hopefully the previous one was
> saved with .rpmsave extension, so I only had to rename it.

   Right you are. The user error I referred to was I must'a use'd
mv instead of cp when I put the saved kdmrc back in place the time
before ;( I often suck like that ;)  NBD, the 3 months of testing
for 9.2 is fixin to begin in June with a release of ISO's**. I'll
do a re-install then, and in the meantime I use GDM. I only need it
for log-out/ins after (mostly kde, XFree) cooker updates anyhow.

** http://cybercfo.gkmweb.com/CookerHOWTO.html