Hi

This seems to be a very proprietary format. Supposely they have plans for support for multiple desktop platforms. But I doubt they ever will support linux.
They have a plugin for IE. To create files for the soundpix format you have to buy the software, that is obvious.

Can not see that Mplayer has any support for this either. I would guess to embedde sound i jpeg files and maintain standards, they fill the metadata of the jpeg with encoded sound. For the program you only supply a jpeg and a wav file.

With an example file it might not be difficult to make a player for the fileformat.

If you are able to get example files you could try to preceede the mplayer developers or some other multimedia developers for the linuxplatform.

For the same effect you could make an avi or mpeg file with the same picture throughout the whole file.

For testing if you have windows installed you can teste the soundpix sampler http://www.zdnet.com.au/downloads/pc/swinfo/0,2000036746,9597669,00.htm

Regards Torstein

Michael Holt wrote:
Hey,
Sorry for the OT, but I just received an email for a product called
'soundpix' which allows you to embed sound in a standard jpeg.  I thought
that sounded cool, but I don't want to buy the software and then realize
all I had to do was download a gimp plugin or something else that simple.
Any suggestions?

Thanks, Mike