On Monday 02 Jun 2003 10:01 pm, elPunishar wrote:
> okay, i removed scsi_hostadapter and ide-scsi from the probeall
> line in modules.conf
>
> the outputs of dmesg, lsmod and /proc/cmdline are attached to this
> mail.
>
> i see the first entry for hdc but not the second.
> and i can see that even though i removed "ide-scsi hdc" and
> "ide-scsi hdd" from /etc/lilo.conf.
> and i did run /sbin/lilo as root, at more than one occasion
> already.
>
> why does it ignore the changes ?
> is it necessary to run it with the -C option ?
> i just did that now.. rebooting to find out...

dmesg shows that it is still enabling hdc as a scsi cdrom.  I did not
see any answer from you when I pointed out entries regarding your
cdrom(s) and whether they were genuine cdroms.  If you don't answer
questions you are never going to solve this.  Please find that
message from me and answer it.

As for the attachments to your post this time, clearly you have not
managed to disable the scsi-emulation, which is very strange if you
have done as you were told.  I would suggest that you boot from the
install cd, F1 to rescue, and rebuild lilo from there.

Anne