Am Mittwoch, 4. Juni 2003 21:07 schrieb Vox:
> On September 1993 plus 3563 days Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Wednesday 04 Jun 2003 11:49 am, Steffen Barszus wrote:

>   Unless you are planning on doing something with that video you are
>   getting into your computer (ie. record, edit, export), you don't
>   need a good video capture card...any bttv based 20 bucks card will
>   let you watch TV in your computer without problems. I have a
>   TreeView99 card here, and it worked great for over a year (I finally
>   fell into temptation and got a real TV, so I'm not using the card
>   anymore...tho it's still in the computer and worked last time I used
>   it :)
>
>   Vox

You are absolutly right. I would take it another way: If you live in europe
and you have a sat dish that is able to receive digital, you have to think
about a dvb-card. For cable and terristrial there are rare cases where you
would like to have such a card (like in Berlin, germany where analog
terrestrial will be switched off in near future (or is?)) On sat a nova+dxr3
or a premium TT card is worth the money (50+ mp2 (192-224 kbit) radiostations
and the same for tv-station, hmmm its more I have nearby 300 stations in my
channels.conf, further you have timeshift easy recording in great quality etc
pp) , but dvb != analog and for the 20-30 programms (often only 10) i don't
know if dvb-t is worth the money. If you have cable, you would need dvb-c and
dvb-c is again incompatible with sky-tv. So if you want to have a DVR-machine
dvb is great, for just a tv-card the nova-t is completly wrong and to
expensive (even if the nova is cheaper then the big brother, the nexus(200¤
minimum).

Steffen