On Monday 09 June 2003 7:00 pm, Jack Coates wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-06-09 at 15:40, Jonathan Dlouhy wrote:

> > > man lilo.
> > >
> > > something like
> > >
> > > /sbin/lilo -M /dev/mynewdrive
> > > /sbin/lilo -b /dev/mynewdrive
> > >
> > > oughta do ya.
> >
> > Jack, thanks for the help. If I want to go back to my original drive is
> > there anything I need to do?
>
> nah, as long as you put it back where it was.
>
> BIOS comes up and starts searching for a boot record. If it doesn't find
> on in the MBR of the first hard drive, it will probably give up.

Jack, here are the results of using the two lilo options. Any ideas?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# lilo -M /dev/hdb1
Fatal: /dev/hdb1 is not a master device with a primary parition table
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# lilo -b /dev/hdb1
Ignoring entry 'boot'
Added linux *
Added linux-nonfb
Added failsafe
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# lilo -M /dev/hdb1
Fatal: /dev/hdb1 is not a master device with a primary parition table
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]#

Thanks,
--
Jonathan Dlouhy