I second Greg's fine advice- Linux hardware compatibily an stability is
generally one generation behind. And, I always recommend AMD over Intel for
both value and performance. I've got two VIA kt333 boards, an ABIT, and an
MSI, with Athlon xp thoroughbred "B" cpus, and both have been flawless
performers with Linux. The only problems I've ever had were self-inflicted.

Robert Crawford