On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 17:18, Robert Crawford wrote:
> If you only had a generic 250w PS, I'll bet that's it. I've had post problems
> on two boxes, on several boards, and that was the problem. It's preety common
> when you try to upgrade a board AND cpu with an older box.  But if you are
> still having problems with a 350w, you should check the actual outputs of the
> lines, and how much power all your cards and extra stuff are drawing. Some
> PS, even if they are rated at 350w, just don't cut it. It all depends on the
> amps given to the 5 and 3v lines- at least that's my experience. Keep posting
> about this- I think we are narrowing it down as to why your MSI board won't
> post at 133Mhz. At this point, I really don't think its an MSI board problem.
> You should at least be able to post the bios, unless when you reboot with the
> 133Mhz setting, it can't get the power it needs.
>
> One thing you can try- it's a big pain PITA, is take out and disconnect
> everything except video card and ram, and try to post a bios. I've seen
> Drives cause this inexplicable problem before.
>
> Tell me this- I lost your first post on this. It does work when booting to
> windows? Maybe I'm thinking of another post on a different list???
>
> Robert C.

One other thought... since I've been seeing a lot of confidence in PS
problems.  Does your BIOS have the ability to tell you voltages?   If so
do as Robert suggests and boot to BIOS then go into the config and watch
the voltage levels ... I'm wondering if maybe the PS is out of specs.
Since you say it's new maybe finding out now while you can take it back
would be good.  If not we can scratch that as a possibility.

James