On 13 Jun 2003 09:18:03 -0400
Brian V Bonini <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You really need to evaluate the power requirements of the box, how
> much battery run time you need, etc...

Also be aware of any need for a line conditioner which will maintain
the current voltage at a constant level.
Not all UPS models will provide this.

Running my network in and older home with older wiring that is my
primary reason for using UPS.
If I did not have them every time there was a voltage drop when the ac
or someother high wattage unit started all my system would spontaneously
reboot.

BTW I personally use a couple of mid-range APC units and a Tripp-Lite
unit.
Both brands are excellent.

    Charles

--
The best way to preserve a right is to exercise it, and the right to
smoke is a right worth dying for.