Greg Meyer wrote:

On Friday 13 June 2003 10:20 pm, Larry Sword wrote:

Mandrake's latest kernel release version 2.4.21-18mdk is a fine kettle
of fish. It broke my system. I know it's suppose to fix several systems
with problems with acpi but it broke my system severally.

Abit VP-6 was running fine with the old kernel even though I had to add
the "acpi=off" to the boot. But now with the new kernel I've lost all
usb devices and the acpi=off or on doesn't make a difference. No mouse,
no joystick, no radio and no anything off the usb bus.

Any thoughts on getting the usb devices back??

Larry

I need the noapic parameter in addition to the acpi=off in order to get my usb and network running. noapic is usually the magic fix for usb devices not working.

Greg,

Thanks Greg. See my reply to the message from James Sparenberg. System is working now with the NEC2.0 card and without the requirement to boot with the switch "acip=off". However I am still troubleshooting the system and will try with the switch you suggest to see if that will bring back the on board usb connections.

Thanks

Larry