On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 19:57, eric huff wrote:
> Is this still true (the article is a few years old)?
> It says you can't update a kernel with software manager.  I did last week
> (since i didn;t know any better), and it worked fine.
>
> I can't actually check what they said about lilo because
> i have since reinstalled.  (no, not cuz of the kernel :)
>
> eric

Eric,
  Now that Urpmi is IMHO perfected not so true.  The installer is now
intelligent enough to know to install kernels. But it must be done
seperate from all other updates.  The reason is strictly due to a
requirement put in by MDK so that there is minimal chance of oops.  I
actually do kernel upgrades this way.

urpmi --update kernel (the update switch can be skipped but it makes
sure I get the MDK kernel not one from club etc.)  So far on about 6
boxes (9.0 and 9.1) with 5 of them done remotely not one has burped on
me.

James