=
>> I think I'm going to try yanking KDE and mdkkdm completly, reinstall,
>> and
>> see what happens.
>
> Dunno about yanking KDE but mdkkdm is definitely worth a yank... you
> might want to add texstar's site to your uprmi and update to the latest
> he has.  A world of kde woa's where solved for me by doing this.
>
> James

Well, poking around in mdkkdm I couldn't find anything that would appear
to make a difference (and I'd yanked mdkkdm/kdm/gdm a couple of times
already), so I thought yanking KDE completely might help (I know, total
shot in the dark).

That didn't work either though.    I'm going to start fresh again tommorow
and see what happens.   I've got two more boxes to do after this one, so I
hope it goes well :)

--
Live fast, die young,
You're sucking up my bandwidth.