Hi,

No, it was not shorewall. I have known shorewall to be
a problem too, yes. But in this case, shorewall was
not even installed.

Found problem was with one of my iptables firewall
rules. "-A drop-and-log-it -j LOG --log-level 6" that
was causing the problem.I changed this chain to simply
"-A drop-and-log-it -j DROP"

_Thanks J.P for your response.

--- "J.P. Pasnak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Tru64 User said:
>
> > HI, second try....first time no takers
> >
> > This is a new box with 9.0 mandy...kernel 2.4.19
> >
> > It seems to be loggin everything that passes thru
> the
> > NIC....all broadcast messages on the LAN are being
> > recorded on /var/log/messages, /var/log/syslog and
> > /var/log/kernel/errors thus ending up with
> 200Mb/daily
> > of each!!
> >
> > Need to stop this......or minimize at least.
> >
> > It has lots of these:
> > TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=128 ID=8515 PROTO=UDP
> SPT=137
> > DPT=137 LEN=58
> >

> That would be shorewall.
>
> http://www.shorewall.net/shorewall_logging.html