-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of ed tharp
Sent: Saturday, 28 June 2003 6:38 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [expert] Newsflash: Gentoo has forked.

On Thu, 2003-06-26 at 04:33, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
> Gentoo has been one of MDK's greatest competitors so far, maintaining
> fourth place at Distrowatch.com right behind Red Hat.  Mandrake of course
> has almost consistently maintained it's first place position there.
>
> I find it interesting that so far we in the Mandrake world have avoided
> forking, thus maintaining our strength in concentrated form.  Even though
> there are disagreements and disputes.  It shows the strength of the
> Mandrake community.
>
> Mandrakians seem to be strong in that they are able to put up with
> disagreements and flaws without getting totally annoyed and just leavi?g.
>  I think this is because mainly that we have voices in the form of votes
> and the mailing lists.  As well as the forums.  So there is the
> impression that everyone is helping to some degree.
>
> http://www.zynot.org/info/faq.html
>
> --LX

I guess you did not hear about Stephen Kuhn's "fork" called the dirty
old Man-drake, with 3 extra gigs of p0rn? special lesbian (and friends
of lesbian version available with signed affidavit.)

 no further discussion of it here tho,,,, this is only for the OT
list.... <G>