On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 15:34:09 -0600
"D. R. Evans" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  I'm not
> doubting you (well, not really) but it seems pretty bizarre that
> Mozilla happily says that everything is OK when it fact it needs a
> newer release of java than the one I have installed. (And even more
> bizarre that it requires a beta release of java instead of real
> release).

It not the release per-say that causes the issue but the version of gcc
with which the 2 were compiled.

If you will recall, or check the archives, there was a period that
mozilla and galeon Had to be compiled using gcc-2.9.6, even though the
default for the distro was 3.0 or + because 2.9.6 was the only version
supported by any of the java vendors, sun. ibm, or blackdown.

    Charles

--
Seek simplicity -- and distrust it.
                -- Alfred North Whitehead