I am trying (still) to get a Belkin F5D6020 wireless adapter to work
under Linux. PCMCIA recognizes the card when I plug it in. Using the
"prism2_cs" driver, 'ifconfig -a' shows a wlan0 device, with no HWaddr
or IP address. Running "ifup wlan0" reports the error 'SIOCSIFFLAGS: No
such device'. Am I using the wrong driver? Missing an option? Something
else entirely?

What I've tried:
(1) Using the "orinoco_cs" driver. No network devices ever appear for
'ifconfig -a'.
(2) 'ip link set wlan0 up' returns the same error message as 'ifup
wlan0'.
(3) Added 'alias wlan0 prism2_cs' to /etc/modules.config. It had no
discernible effect.
(4) Calls to iwconfig fail, saying there is no device wlan0.
(5) Google for "SCIOCSIFFLAGS prosm2_cs" and "SCIOCSIFFLAGS belkin"
turned up no useful information.
(6) 'lsmod' reports that prism2_cs is loaded.

Hardware:
Toshiba Libretto 50CT
Belkin F5D6020 wireless PCMCIA (not CardBus) adapter

--
Robert W.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"It is done.  I am the Alpha and the Omega, the
Beginning and the End." -- Revelations 21:6