Brent Hasty wrote:
I need to convert a whole directory tree of files that are in Word Perfect Document format into OpenOffice files.
I was hoping someone could help me with a small script file that will recursevly dive through a tree converting text.wpd to text.sxw leaving them in the same directory side by side using wpd2sxw

Brent,

Given that the WordPerfect document format is binary and proprietary,
like MS Word's is, I don't think anyone will be writing any simple
scripts to manage such a covnversion.

However, the good news is that there are utilities already written to do
at least part of the job for you. Check out this URL, you might find
what you are looking for. And maybe someone will be able to write a
script the automate the use of one of these tools, and be able to do
what you are looking for.

Here's the URL:
http://libwpd.sourceforge.net/

Enjoy!