Robert Crawford wrote:
On Thursday 10 July 2003 11:23 pm, dfox wrote:

Somebody scribbled about [expert] 2.4.21 athlon-xp optimized mm kernel

For those interested, I recompiled the 2.4.21-0.16mm-mdk kernel with
pretty aggresive athlon-xp optflags, and it works fine. These flags
also work on other kernels I have tried. The trick in making them take

How useful is this for older (i.e., 1000) Athlon's? I recognize some of
the flags, others are very new (maybe they weren't in gcc prior to 3.2 or
something)?

wrc1944

Just leave out the =xp and -mfpmath=sse flags, and it should work with Athlon
t-birds. gcc 3.2 added support for the Athlon-xps, and the -march=athlon-xp
flag implies -mcpu=athlon-xp, mmx, sse, and 3dnow.

wrc1944

Does the Duron use the same flags as the t-bird?

--
Brant Fitzsimmons
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

progress depends on the unreasonable man."

					-George Bernard Shaw