On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 08:44, R N dev wrote:
> Do you return into gdm or into a text-mode console?
> In the first case it sounds like your home config
> files are broken.
> Try CTRL-ALT-F1 and login in console mode
> what happens?

I've had this one.  It's a pain but what got screwed up where the window
manager config files.  (In this case the .kde* directory files.)  Try
removing all of these files (log in as root to console and cd to the
users directory and do a carefule rm -Rf .kde* )  then try logging in
again.  It's a pain for sure to re-setup kde but the only out I've found
when they get hosed.  Seems that sometimes during a hard shutdown all of
these files get scrambled.

James